Yoga has so many benefits for the mind, body, and spirit that it’s almost impossible not to gain from it. It has the power to change your mood, your health, your energy levels …even your life. The benefits of yoga offer both immediate satisfaction and long-term change. Both are extremely important, especially for someone who never tried it before, or who has issues to resolve. Spending time on exercise without noticeable results can be discouraging, and boring repetitive routines can lead to giving up. The many benefits of practicing yoga can improve your physical and mental outlook quickly, while building up your body and mind for long-lasting health.
The many benefits of practicing yogaare commonly grouped into categories. Among them are:
- Benefits of yoga as an exercise
- Yoga improving body chemistry
- Yoga contributing to prevention of disease
- Yoga reducing eliminating other medical symptoms & discomfort
- Emotional & psychological benefits of yoga
- External health benefits of yoga
- Internal health benefits of yoga & healing
Let’s look closer at the most common physical / medical benefits of practicing yoga. Described here are a few areas that yoga works on inside your body. Some positive changes can even be felt within a few days!
- Enhanced Immune Function: Yoga and the immune system are best friends. When you practice yogait works towards healing and strengthening every cell in your body, the overall immune system gets a huge boost.
- Organ Stimulation: Internal organs get “massaged”, which makes them work better and augment resistance to disease. After practicing yoga for a long time, you are more “in touch” with your body and can detect right away if something inside you isn’t working properly.
- Better Quality Sleep: Yoga relaxes the body and mind thoroughly, as well as eliminating discomfort and tension. Longer and more deep sleep in an inevitable side effect.
- Metabolism is boosted: A high, balanced metabolism is essential. Yoga aids Metabolism and Appetite Balance for Optimum Weight Management. Yoga helps ensure your metabolism isn’t too slow or fast.
- Better Digestive Health: It has been proven that yoga activates the digestive system. Issues like indigestion, reflux, excess gas and other related ailments are controlled or wiped out.
- Higher Energy Levels: You might feel this after just one session. The body can revive, rejuvenate, and find new strength. The long-term effects are impressive, with more energy felt at rest or at play.
- Libido and Sexual Prowess: When the entire body is running smoothly, and everything is under control, plus increased energy levels… look out! Your body’s natural sexual urges and desires are expressed and you will improve sexual performance. Self-confidence and a huge boost which will increase libido.
- Heightened Circulation: One thing yoga does right away is improve blood circulation. This results in better delivery of oxygen and nutrients throughout the body, healthier organs and radiant skin.
- Reduced Respiratory Rate: Combiningyoga and meditationinvolves lots of controlled breathing. This fills your lungs to their full capacity, expanding their limits and making them work more efficiently.
- Blood Pressure: Yogahas the ability to reduce blood pressure. Lowering your blood pressure is one way to reduce the chance of having a heart attack, stroke, or heart disease.
- Increased Cardiovascular Stamina: Improved oxygenation of the body also lowers the heart rate. This provides better cardiovascular enduranceto allow for higher performance and less fatigue.
- Lower Pulse Rate: Yoga has a calming effect, slowing things down to reduce the strain on your body. When the body relaxes, the pulse rate is lowered, and that makes your heart strong enough to pump more blood in fewer beats.
- Pain Tolerance: Chronic pains are reduced, and stamina is built towards higher levels of common pain tolerance.
- Stress Relief and Overall Health: These go hand in hand and should need no further explanation.
No matter what troubles you, or if you just want to take your fitness and well-being to a higher level, yoga is for you. Even if you only try it once, thebenefits of practicing yogaoffer far more to gain than to lose. Who knows? You may just discover your favourite new wellness experiencethat will leave you feeling like new again!
Want to learn more about the many benefits of practicing yoga? Contact ustoday, and bookmark Retrigo’s blog pagefor frequent new articles that will fascinate you!