Thought about exploring Quebec and want to compare your options? There’s so much to see and experience in the nation’s largest and most culturally-rich province. You’ll never run out of amazing things to doand incredible destinations to visit along this journey!
- Mount Royal is situated just north of Downtown Montreal, and has an appeal that can’t be recreated anywhere else. Thousands of people per year (local and from abroad) gather in its enormous park. Climb to the top for an amazing lookout point to the city, visit the giant cross and get a real feel for this picturesque town. Maybe visit on a Sunday to enjoy Mount Royal’s most popular attraction: the Tam-Tams. It’s a big outdoor drumming and dancing party and everyone is invited.
- Mont-Tremblant in the dreamy Laurentian Mountains, is one of the top ski destinations in the country. Lots of natural snow make for a long and happy season for snowboarders and skiers of all levels. Enjoy snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and skating in the winter. In warmer months, plan a hike or ride your bike up the mountain, or practice your golf game on some of the top courses in Quebec.
- Montreal Botanical Garden boasts over 21 000 species of flora and fauna housed in its 10 huge greenhouses and 20 themed gardens. Anyone can appreciate The Botanical Gardens, a veritable oasis and world-class attraction, situated on the city’s primary roadway: Sherbrooke Street and along the largest subway line. Sitting right beside the Olympic Stadium and Biodome, two other major attractions in their own right.
- Parc Omega is a driving safari park conveniently situated between Montreal and Ottawa. Come say hello to the bison, foxes, beavers, coyotes, deer, boar, wolves, bears, and even feed them from your car window. Enjoy a leisurely trek along the meadows, forests, lakes, valleys, and rocky hills they call home.
- The Canadian Museum of History is one of the country’s oldest museums, dating back to 1856. It also happens to be the most-visited in Canada, with 1.2 million annual visitors. Make sure you see what traveling exhibits are on display, and swing by the CINE+ 3D theater for a movie.
- Montmorency Falls Park is the waterfall that rises even higher than Niagara Falls (272 feet), and it’s a mere few minutes by car from capital Quebec City.Hike one of the 3 Via Ferrata trails, take the gondola up to the top for an incredible view, or even zip-line across the cove of the falls. The sophisticated Manoir Montmorency awaits guests at the top for a superb culinary experience.
- Old Montreal is the oldest region of this historic beloved city, and it’s where Montreal was first founded in 1642. Its cobblestone roads are reminiscent of France and thousands of visitors fill the numerous fashion shops and cafes. You can walk around, cycle, or sail around the lovely Old Port waterfront by day, then dine at a fine restaurant by night. OId Montreal is an incredible blend of old world and modern luxury that should not be missed!
- Old Quebec is truly a must-visit area of the capital city. This treasured world heritage site welcomes one and all for a perfect day-trip. See architecture harking back centuries, including military forts that form the biggest walled city in North America. For those who are less history enthusiasts, this town is full of entertainment. Music, art exhibits, shopping and fine-dining.
- TheHôtel de Glace has been hosting guests for 15 years, and it’s the only ice hotel in North America, sitting just outside Quebec City. The walls are ice, the ceiling is ice, and even your bed is made from ice. The outdoor spas and sauna will relax you, the Ice Bar serves up some hot (and cold) libations, and there’s no shortage of things to do. There really is no other experience like this one!
- Petit Champlain District (Quartier du Petit Champlain) in Quebec City always has guests talking about its European charm, and nowhere is this truer than on the modest cobblestone roads and the many small boutiques. Foodies will love all the charming bistros and other eateries, and the La Petite Cabane à Sucre will seduce you with its sweet culinary delights.
Want to discover the best vacation spots in Quebec, or perhaps somewhere else, but you’re not sure where to go? Retrigo can help with that. Let us help you create your dream vacation today with a few simple clicks.